I had the oppertunity to join a webinar March 1, 2011 featuring Dr. Jim Sears, the board-certified pediatrician and star of the The Doctors TV show. The Webinar was to discuss the latest trends in childhood nutrition, as well as introduce you to the new innovations from Dr. Sears Family Essentials. I was so excited to learn more about the Dr. Sears Family Essentials doctor-formulated, kid-approved line of 100 percent all-natural drinks, snacks and supplements.
I have growing and very active children, ages 1 and 4. I am always concerned about their nutrition. Are they eating to much? Am I overly concerned with their daily intake? What are healthy snack choices?
Here are some of the main points that I learned from Dr. Sears and wanted to share with Living on Love and Cents readers.
- Try several small “meals” throughout the day rather than 3 large meals.
- It is ok to allow your children to snack throughout the day if you have HEALTHY snacks on hand. (Get RID of the unhealthy snacks)
- Do NOT use the “clean your plate” method at dinner. If they say they are done then let them stop eating.
- Relax- It is ok to expect good eating at times and bad eating at other times.
- Kids will copy your food habits & many times they will eat something just because it is on your plate.
- Many times kids want to eat out of boredom. Try to redirect their attention.
For me the BIGGEST thing to learn was that it is ok to let my kids eat healthy snacks throughout the day. I am so concrened with our 3 large meals. But my children are always hungry and therefore fussy about 2-3 hours after the meal. Dr. Sears says this is normal. So I have started something new. Today I had healthy foods on hand and allowed them to eat smaller portions every few hours. And I must say both kids have been happy all day!
I am excited to try the new Dr. Sears Family Essentials! Below are the products I am most excited to try. For more information on Dr Sears Family Essentials please visit www.drsearsfamilyessentials.com .
Cool Fuel is a delicious, fortified and ready-to-drink shake that delivers the nutrition kids need to perform their best – in and out of the classroom. Made from 100 percent all-natural ingredients, the gluten- and lactose-free shakes contain no artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners and 60 percent less sugar than competitive brands. Available in chocolate, vanilla & chocolate banana.
POPUMZ™ are 100 percent all-natural popped whole grain crisps that are packed with protein to help build strong muscles, fiber for healthy digestion and Omega-3 DHA – an essential component for the growth and development of young minds and bodies. POPUMZ have no trans fats, nothing artificial and are available in a variety of flavors that kids love including chocolate, vanilla, carmel and new savory (barbeque, ranch and cheddar).
Dr. Sears Family Essentials Supplement Fruit Chews are 100 percent all-natural and fruit-based, and provide kids with optimal levels of Omega-3 DHA and essential daily nutrients to nourish their minds and bodies.
You can purchase Dr. Sears Family Essentials from their website and coming soon to Wal-Mart stores near you.
One Living on Love and Cents reader is going to win a one month supply of samples of Dr. Sears Family Essentials Drinks, snacks and supplements.
- Leave one comment per entry
- You must do the mandatory entries
- This giveaway is open to US only
- Sign up for here and accept the Free Updates from Living on Love and Cents
- Like” Living on Love and Cents on facebook.
- Follow @loveandcents on Twitter
- Where did you hear about this giveaway
Easy Daily Entries (Come back and leave a comment each day)
- Tweet -You can use this tweet:
“Win 1 mth supply of Dr. Sears Family Essentials from @AskDoctorSears & @loveandcents #giveaway http://livingonloveandcents.com/?p=1920 ”
- Enter the Gotta Love Chevy Daily Giveaway. I would LOVE if you would leave a comment on the Gotta Love Chevy Page that you heard about it from Living on Love and Cents.
This Giveaway will end 3/15/11 11:59 PM CST