Laundry Room Makeover: Add Personality to Your Laundry Room (For Less Than $5)

Posted on Apr 14 2011 - 11:00am by Heather Brummett

laundry room ideas

Laundry is one of my least favorite chores! I hate it! When I walk into my super small and white laundry room the depressing feeling takes over! I want out as quick as possible. So I decided I needed to find a way to make this “chore” more enjoyable. Time for a laundry room makeover! My hope is that if the laundry room was a little more pleasant, maybe, just maybe… I would enjoy it more!

Now I have a very small budget. How can you makeover your laundry room on a budget? Well, how about something small that makes a BIG impact? That is what I did! Here is a great idea for you that you can do TODAY for less than $5!

Add Personality To Laundry Room Walls

1. Get a few paint colors. I had 3 on hand. If you do not have any paint you could go to your local Walmart or craft store. Now many paints like Giddion have pain samples for about $2.50. These are perfect! Or you can get a couple bottles of craft paint for about $1.50 each. Choose happy colors or your favorite colors.
2. Get paper plates and pour one color on each plate.

3. Get your kids involved (This is the FUN part) and let them place  hand in 1 color.

4. Gently press their hand on the wall. After 1 or 2 times they may be able to do it without your help. (My 5 year old did it great but my 19 month old needed my help each time)

5. Let them  have fun! Consider the wall a blank canvas! Let  them scatter as they would like. I like that there is not a pattern! Join in the fun! I DID!

6. Let dry and enjoy your beautiful and UNIQUE laundry room!

1. Erika April 19, 2011 at 6:55 am - Reply

That is adorable! What a great idea. I would totally do that but our laundry room doubles as our only bathroom and it’s not very handprint canvas friendly, lol. I wish I could – so cute! Thanks for sharing! I stumbled you – hope you’ll visit me too! :)
    Musings From a SAHM
    Have a great day!
    ~Erika

2. Darcy April 19, 2011 at 1:56 pm - Reply

How cute! Love this… now I wonder if hubs would be ok with this on our basement walls (concrete). Hmmm

Stumbled!

3. Vera April 19, 2011 at 5:22 pm - Reply

Thanks for visiting LuxuryReading.com! I Stumbled your post :)

4. Heather ~ Acting Balanced Mom April 19, 2011 at 6:25 pm - Reply

Love this idea – too bad our laundry ‘room’ is just a closet… I stumbled your post, please consider visiting and stumbling Autism through the Eyes of a Special Needs Teacher

5. Sara April 19, 2011 at 7:59 pm - Reply
  6. Becca April 20, 2011 at 8:31 pm - Reply

Love it. Too cute!! And such a sweet, personal touch.

Stumbled you back! :)

Becca

7. Deanna T. April 20, 2011 at 10:59 pm - Reply

I love it! That looks like it was tons of fun for the kids, and what a nice end result for you.

I stumbled you. If you’d like to check out my post it’s: