Laundry is one of my least favorite chores! I hate it! When I walk into my super small and white laundry room the depressing feeling takes over! I want out as quick as possible. So I decided I needed to find a way to make this “chore” more enjoyable. Time for a laundry room makeover! My hope is that if the laundry room was a little more pleasant, maybe, just maybe… I would enjoy it more!
Now I have a very small budget. How can you makeover your laundry room on a budget? Well, how about something small that makes a BIG impact? That is what I did! Here is a great idea for you that you can do TODAY for less than $5!
Add Personality To Laundry Room Walls
1. Get a few paint colors. I had 3 on hand. If you do not have any paint you could go to your local Walmart or craft store. Now many paints like Giddion have pain samples for about $2.50. These are perfect! Or you can get a couple bottles of craft paint for about $1.50 each. Choose happy colors or your favorite colors.
2. Get paper plates and pour one color on each plate.
3. Get your kids involved (This is the FUN part) and let them place hand in 1 color.
4. Gently press their hand on the wall. After 1 or 2 times they may be able to do it without your help. (My 5 year old did it great but my 19 month old needed my help each time)
5. Let them have fun! Consider the wall a blank canvas! Let them scatter as they would like. I like that there is not a pattern! Join in the fun! I DID!