What a Mom Wants #5
I know for me if Mom and Dad are not happy then it is hard to have a happy home. And that means the kids are not happy which means MOM is not happy! So I believe Mom and Dad have got to put their relationship first. But we all have our moments. Everything is going great then something something small or BIG happens and it is all a mess. Do you ever feel like you do not know what to say to fix things? Or feel like everything you do say makes it worse?
Nancy Dreyfus, a psychotherapist over over 25 years, has written a book for people like you and me! ” Talk To Me Like I’m Someone You Love: Relationship Repair in a Flash” contains “Flash cards for Real Life.” It was created to help couples who may be in a combative or defensive state get back into a calm and kind conversation in minutes. Here are some examples of the pages of flash cards for adults.
The one that I really like is “I feel like a total and complete idiot.” I can not think of anything that would get my husband to stop and listen to me faster than saying that! The lines in this book make you think beyond yourself. As much as I LOVE to say ” I told you so!” or “I was right and you are WRONG!” I know that those lines only make things worse! Talk to me like I’m someone you love is a great way to bring love and calmness back into the equation and take the attention off of me.
This book contains tools that could be used in other areas as well. Maybe a challenging mother / daughter relationship or battles with your children. Again this book helps take the focus off of yourself and unproductive words and helps turn the conversation that works! A conversation that is going somewhere POSITIVE and not in a negative spirial!
Take a minute to check out Nancy ‘s video here where she talks about her book a little more in detail and gives a great visualization!
I am confident this book is one that can help you in your relationships! Every mom (& dads too) should have a copy of Nancy Dreyfus Talk To Me Like I’m Someone You Love “ LOVE is what it is al0l about! And Nancy helps us remember that!
Buy it: Talk to Me Like I’m Someone You Love: Relationship Repair in a Flash from Amazon for $11.53.
One Living on Love and Cents reader will WIN the book “Talk to Me Like I am Someone You Love” by Nancy Dreyfus!
- Leave one comment per entry
- You must do the mandatory entries
- This giveaway is open to US only
- Follow LOL&C via Google Friend Connect (Look under “Followers”in right sidebar-click on “follow”)
- Sign up for here and accept the Free Updates from Living on Love and Cents
- Like” Living on Love and Cents on facebook.
- Follow @loveandcents on Twitter
- Visit Nancy Dreyfus website and tell me what you like or learned.
For Even MORE EXTRA Entries:
- See the Gotta Love Chevy Houston Ad on the sidebar? Click on it and Like Gotta Love Chevy Houston Facebook (saying hello from Living on Love and Cents would be GREAT) Leave 3 comments for 3 extra entries!!!
- Follow Chevy Houston on Twitter
Easy Daily Entries (Come back and leave a comment each day)
- Tweet -You can use this tweet:“Great #giveaway for MOM from @loveandcents http://livingonloveandcents.com/?p=3011 #contests”
This Giveaway will end 4/23/11 11:59 PM CST
“Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention/review it on my blog. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”