Memorial Day is a time we all should think about, pray about and honor those that protect and serve us! So many people are take part in serving us each day! Many names and faces go unknown to us and yet play a huge role in our everyday lives!
I am making it a priority to teach my 5 year old about honoring and thanking everyone who serves us! This weekend we started a new project that was simple and affordable and yet VERY effective! You can do this too! Here is how:
- Pick your favorite service person or people( police officers , firefighters, military veteran, active military,etc.)
- Head to Murphy USA and grab a drink and snack. I recommend King-Sized Candy Bars such as Snickers or Kit Kat(2 for $2.22) and a drink (Usually Gatorade is 2 for $3 and sodas are 2 for $2.22)
- Visit your service man/woman and delivery their candy bar and drink. Then give them a big “Thank you for your service!”
See how simple and easy this is? Check out my experience from start to finish in this moment slide show:
We choose a Police Officer that patrols our area. He was wonderful and I think it really made his day!
My daughter learned alot about:
- honoring those who serve us
- being thankful
- not being scared to talk to officers (this is something we have to work on)
This is such a wonderful way to say THANK YOU! For less than $3 you can honor and support your service people!
This shop/project has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. All opinions are 100% mine.