Have you used Fandango?I have heard alot about it and I was really curious what all the hype was about. SO I tried it this weekend. We used Fandango to purchase 4 matinee tickets to see Kung Fun Panda 2. My daughter and husband have been wanting to see this movie so I decided to treat them to a surprise this weekend.
If you are new to Fandago, like me, you may not know how it works, what it offers or why in the world you should use this site. So I decided to share my first time with you. (As usual I am very detailed but you want to read this all!)
1. Log into www.Fandago.com
2. You can search by zip or movie .
3. I searched with a zip code. It will pull up all your local theaters. Not all theaters offer ticket purchasing through Fandago. To see which theater near you participates scroll through and look for the RED ticket icon. OR you can let the site do the searching for you and click on the “Fandango Ticketing Theaters” tab.
4. It lists the theaters closest to you along with the movies and showtimes. The times in RED are available to purchase. The times that have passed are in black so that you can not purchase.
5. You can click on the movie title to get more details on the movie.
6. Check out everything you want to know: ratings, watch trailer, actors, description and more.
7. Once you have chosen your theater and movie, click on the show time in red that you would like to purchase.
8. Taken to a purchase screen you have a set time that you can complete your purchase.
9. I was SO EXCITED to see that they accept PAYPAL!
10. Choose how many tickets you need. And it gives you the price breakdown immediately.
11. Complete your purchase.
12. TAH-DAH Here is your ticket confirmation. You can print or simply record your confirmation #. That is what you will need to pick up your tickets.
13. Within minutes I had the confirmation emailed to me. I love this because with email on my phone it will be easy to have my confirmation # with me at the pick up! No worry with papers getting lost!
14. ALSO after you complete your order you will see you are offered coupons as a thank you from Fandango. I was excited by this surprise. I had several to choose from. I choose a $10 gift code to an online shoe retailer. I am not sure if these coupons change each time or not. WOOHOO! And the gift code was sent to me within 3 minutes.
15. When you purchase tickets through Fandango you do not have to get to the theater early and deal with lines. (Like these!)
Fandago works to help save money. They offer promotions that will allow you to get your tickets for free when you purchase the offers through their site. And I love the coupons you get when you purchase through Fandago. Cinemark and other ticketing sites do NOT do that!
I loved using Fandago and will do it again! With 2 kids I need anything that helps save time and make outings easier. Fandago works to do just that. I love how easy it is to use, how quick it is to use, how easy it makes your trip, and no worries of standing in long lines or seeing SOLD OUT sign when you get there! Then I also love the coupons they give you just to say thanks! Why haven’t I don’t this sooner?
So I know you are wondering “How was the movie?” Well Kung Fu Panda 2 was not as good as we had hoped. It was much darker than the first one. It starts with Po (The Panda) discovering that he was adopted. She is then not sure of who he is or where he came from. He and his friends set out on a journey to save Kung Fu. While on this journey he discovers the truth about what happened when he was young and where he came from. The message is a great one. It is not where you came from or what life has done to you, it is what you make of your life. it is also a message of family and friends. I love the message. In my opinion this movie is more for older kids. Most of the kids in the theater , including mine, lost interest or were confused after a little ways into the movie. The older kids loved it.
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. All opinions are 100% mine.