Did you know that October is Pet Month? And we celebrated by getting a pet! Meet Sebastian (yes like the little guy on The Little Mermaid):
Anyone who has pets knows that they can’t help it but they shed. According to Hoover “A recent study conducted by the NPD Group revealed more than half of pet owners (51 percent) reported that managing and cleaning up pet hair is their number one cleaning chore.” I have a daughter with allergies and so I have to be certain that my carpet is free of dust, hair and other small things that might irritate her allergies. I was so excited to have the oppertunity to try the Hoover MaxExtract77 Multi-Surface Pro Carpet & Hard Floor Cleaner FH50240 this month on my floors. Perfect timing! Hoover has also given us some very useful pet cleaning tips to share as well!
- Use Products That Are Safe For Pets – There are products specifically made for pet messes and pet odors. They are typically more effective, since they organically break down waste while neutralizing odors, and they are safer for homes with animals and children, but always check the label to be sure.
- Let the Air In – After giving the carpets a deep cleaning, open the windows. Fresh air will speed up the process of drying carpets, allowing your family to enjoy the cleaned rooms without spoiling the hard work. Plus, instead of investing in an expensive carpet cleaning service, try the Hoover MaxExtract77. Not only does it work wonders on dirty carpets, it pulls up a lot of dirty water so your floors dry fast and you’ll be back to living on those deep-cleaned floors quickly.
- Baking Soda, Not Just For Baking – To remove scents from a carpet, sprinkle with baking soda. Let stand for at least fifteen minutes, then vacuum. Repeat as needed.
- Clean One Room a Day to Keeps Messes Away – Develop a cleaning schedule where each day is devoted to one room in your home (for example, kitchen on Tuesday, bedrooms on Wednesday). Save the rooms that are considered high-traffic areas for later in the week in case of unexpected company.
- Avoid Pet Hair Emergencies – The guests are about to arrive and suddenly you realize that your pet has picked an in-opportune time to hop on the couch. Tidy up with the Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Pet. Made with pet lovers in mind, it comes with an Air-Powered Pet Hair Hand Tool. Rubber blades collect hair and powerful suction carries it away. A rinsable filter and high-quality HEPA filter helps absorb odors from your furry friends, all for less than $100. Additionally, consider grooming more frequently to help control shedding.
Now I was excited to try this out and wasted no time! I immediately tore open the box and was worried when I saw how large the parts were. But to my surprise it was very easy to snap together. It was ready to use within about 3 minutes. It also came with hard floor and carpet cleaner liquid. You fill the labeled area with the cleaner and the other area with water. That’s it! I was ready to clean.
It was a little heavy but I decided it was good exercise for me. It really has to be heavy to hold all that liquid and do what it needs to. What I LOVE is that you can see the dirt and soap going up into the machine. I love seeing it working. Some spots were lifted after one treatment some deeper set in stains required a few treatments. There is also a surge button that can be pressed to power wash a specific spot/stain. That was great for the set in spots like cool-aid. I love that it is multi-surface so I can use it on my carpets and hard floors. I also tried this on my couches and it worked! This eliminates many of the extra machines. I love that I can have one machine do many jobs!
Here is a little video showing up close how well it works!
Hoover Max Extract® 77 Multi-Surface Pro™ Carpet & Hard Floor Deep Cleaner Key Features:
- MaxExtract® DualV® Nozzle Technology -we’re pulling up a lot of dirty water so your floors dry fast and you’ll be back to living on those deep-cleaned floors quickly.
- Pressurized Edge-to-Edge Cleaning – a wall of pressurized water that loosens and lifts stubborn stains with constant and relentless spray.
- SpinScrub® 77 – counter-rotating brushes engineered to surround carpet fibers, removing dirt at every angle. It’s like treating your carpet to a deep, massaging salon shampoo.
- SpinScrub® Setting Options – sets your cleaning system by surface:
- Spill Pickup Mode is suction only, without brush agitation action;
- Gentle Scrub Mode rotates brushes at slower speed for ceramic tile, linoleum and sealed hardwood floors;
- Power Scrub Mode maximizes scrubbing action for cleaning carpet and high-traffic areas.
- Heated Cleaning – powerful motor with forced heated air to help speed dry time.
- Auto Conversion Tools – conveniently positioned where they should be – right at your fingertips.
- AutoRinse™ – sets cleaner to wash with detergent on forward stroke, then automatically rinses with fresh water on the backwards stroke.
- CleanSurge™ – fingertip control applies extra detergent to stains and heavy traffic areas.
- SmartTanks™ System – separate tanks for clean and dirty water, so you can easily fill, empty and rinse each tank individually!
Over all the Hoover Max Extract is amazing! I love how clean my carpets look, feel and smell. I feel like our home is healthier now. I highly recommend this cleaner whether you have pets, kids or just want a clean home!
- Learn more or purchase Hoover Max Extract It is only $253.54 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping on Amazon
- Follow Hoover on Twitter
- Become a fan of Hoover on Facebook
Disclosure: I was provided a product for review purposes as a part of Shout! Media, all opinions are my own.
Check out these other great reviews to hear their thoughts about Hoover MaxExtract 77 Multi-Surface Pro!