DIY Kitchen: Easy & Cute Menu & Reminder Board

Posted on Dec 20 2011 - 8:00am by Heather Brummett

PhotobucketI am still working on updating my kitchen. One of the things I did that I am the most excited about is the the menu and message board on the pantry door. It took very little time and money to create it.

All you need is chalkboard paint and paint foam roller.. I got both of these at my local Walmart for about $19.

To get started IĀ  scrubbed the pantry door until it was completely clean. I allowed it to dry completely and then got started. I painted on the first coat and waited for it to dry. After it had dried (about an hour) I did the second coat. I did a total of 3 coats on this door.

I followed the directions on the can about prepping the surface and waiting to use the board. Each brand may be different so be sure your read the directions carefully before use. After one week it was completely ready!

I use it to keep my weekly menu up and I leave the bottom section for the kids. This may be love notes, reminders, meal requests, lunch ideasĀ  or just a drawing.

We LOVE IT!

1. Shanna Uptergrove December 20, 2011 at 10:13 am - Reply

Loving this idea- I may have to do this to my laundry room closet doors!

2. sandy weinstein December 20, 2011 at 11:49 am - Reply

this is a great idea, i used to do something similar for my mother to remind her to take her pills and what dr appmts she had for the week.

3. Brandi H December 20, 2011 at 2:04 pm - Reply

This is a great idea!!! We don’t have a pantry but I have a wall I would love to do this on.

4. Christina Gould December 20, 2011 at 2:26 pm - Reply

Clever idea. Thanks for the info!

5. JoAnn Brightman December 20, 2011 at 2:32 pm - Reply

Clever idea; an I may copy it

6. susan December 21, 2011 at 12:53 am - Reply

What a great use of space and awesome idea!

7. Erika January 20, 2012 at 7:57 pm - Reply

What a great idea! Very easy! Wish I had a pantry door near the kitchen:(

8. jenn January 24, 2012 at 9:36 pm - Reply

I would love to do this inside my pantry, i found a recipe to make the chalkboard paint on pinterest but im not sure if its worth it cost wise

9. Tammy S March 5, 2012 at 11:19 am - Reply

I love this idea! I could save tons of paper by doing this.

10. Diane K. Brimmer March 8, 2012 at 2:10 pm - Reply

I love this idea! Now I need to convince my husband on this idea. It won’t be too hard.

11. Crystal Epperson March 18, 2012 at 1:50 pm - Reply

I SO need one of these! Great idea!

12. Leslie Galloway March 19, 2012 at 10:23 am - Reply

what a great (and cheap) idea!!