DIY: Microwave Popcorn in a Paper Bag (Cheap & Easy )

The other night I wanted popcorn and found that we were out of oil. Yes I have one of those unhealthy round popcorn poppers that requires oil. :) So my daughter and I got creative. Here is what we got together:

1 lunch paper bag
Scotch tape
1/4 cup pop corn
bowl

Then followed these SIMPLE and FAST steps!
1. Poor 1/4 cup popcorn in the paper bag
2. Fold the open end of the paper bag about 1/2 in – 1 in down.
3. Tape the folded piece down well
4. Place in the microwave for 2 mins. NOTE: Your microwave may be different. Watch and listen for when the pops are down to 1 every second or so.
5. Remove and shake
6. Quickly poor into bowl
7. Add your toppings if you want.
8. ENJOY!
My daughter and I LOVED doing this! Cheap. Easy & FUN!

Comments

1. Michelle Hayden says

I had no idea you could do this! I can’t wait to give it a try…we are popcorn fanatics! Thanks for the idea! :)

2. says

My son loves popcorn we just tried this and he thought it was to cool. You made his week! He is more excited than probably his christmas present! lol! Thanks for this idea! Merry Christmas to you and your family! :)

3. LeAnn Boehne says

I never would have thought to do that. Popcorn is my favorite snack and I have a “ton” of lunch bags. Time to give this a try.

4. ZuZu says

For those who don’t use microwaves, it’s also easy to do in a pot on the stove. You can do a lot at a time. You can see a recipe at simplyrecipes.com
    ZuZu

5. Sleek Bimmer says

Great idea and a lot healthier than using oil.
    December 28–Happy Birthday Heather–Your life is a gift to the rest of the world.

6. Cheryl Rahkonen says

My husband and I were discussing whether you could pop popcorn in just a paperbag – it looks like we found our answer. I am definitely going to do this. I am sure it is much cheaper than buying microwave popcorn. Thanks!

7. Lorrie (pinklady705) says

Wow, I always wondered if this would work or not. It has to be a money saver and a calorie saver too.

8. Tammy D says

I had no idea you could make popcorn in a paperbag like that, I know what ill be doing from now on, thanks for the great idea.

9. Avon Shay says

Wow, I am so surprise that Scotch tape can be use in the microwave. This is a great idea and more economical than buying microwaveable popcorn. Thanks so much for the tip!