How long has it been since you and your “other half” were on a date? Seems like everyone is cutting back their spending and trying to save more. But it is so important that we continue some things like spending quality time with our significant other. Not only do we deserve it, we NEED it! Each week Living on Love and Cents, The Juici Life and Cornerstone Confessions are bringing you Ways to date on a budget. Go here to see the previous posts.
Seems like everyone wants to have a reason to celebrate these days. Did you know that some type of holiday has been declared for EVERY SINGLE DAY of the year? And many days have 6 or more holidays designated to it? Some of them are pretty bizarre too. Take a look at this month, for example.
- National Hobby Month
- National Hot Tea Month
- National Oatmeal Month
- National Soup Month
- National Bath Safety Month
…and the list goes on. I mean, National Oatmeal Month? Really? Whoever thought of these holidays anyway? And the second question to ask is, why?
But I digress. Silly or not, these can make for some pretty fun dates. Try some of these out this weekend and let me know how it goes:
- Find a hobby you both enjoy and do it together one evening. Can’t think of anything? Check out the World’s Largest List of Hobbies for inspiration.
- Go to a coffee shop, order some hot tea, and just enjoy some quiet conversation. Don’t think you can get away? Buy some herbal tea at the grocery store, warm it up, and sip it as you chat together on your back porch swing.
- Heat up some hot oatmeal and then crawl right back under the covers to enjoy breakfast in bed before the kids get up.
- Stay home and cook some soup together to eat as you snuggle on the couch. One of my favorites is a Southwest Veggie Soup with chips and cheese. Mmmm….
- I don’t know about adults and bath safety, but this last date I definitely could envision a hot tub and some bubbles. I’ll leave the rest to your imagine but I know this would definitely be a first choice with my hubby.
Written by Living on Love and Cents Contributor Kathy. Kathy is wife to her buff beau, Goose, and mom to 2 precious little girls. She enjoys blogging, reading, and playing the piano. You can read all about Kathy and her pursuits as a developing domestic diva drawing on the divine at Cornerstone Confessions.