Fabulous Double Chocolate Expresso Brownie Recipe (Plus get NINE more free recipes!)

Posted on Mar 26 2012 - 1:14pm by Heather Brummett

Double Chocolate-Espresso Brownies

From my free ebook courtesy of AmericanFamily.com. You can get your 10  free brownie recipes here

Savor the combination of coffee and chocolate in these luscious brownies.
Makes 4 dozen; Prep: 40 min., Cook: 50 min., Other: 2 hrs.
1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
1⁄4 cup brewed espresso or French roast coffee
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
6 ounces premium Swiss dark chocolate or milk
chocolate, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Coat a 13- x 9-inch pan with cooking spray. Line pan with aluminum foil,
allowing ends to hang over short sides of pan. Tuck overlapping ends under rim on short sides. Coat
foil with cooking spray; set pan aside.
2. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Place chopped semisweet chocolate in a large
bowl; set bowls aside.
3. Cook sugar and next 3 ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar
and butter melt and mixture comes to a rolling boil. Remove from heat, and pour over chopped chocolate
in bowl; let stand 2 minutes (do not stir).
4. Beat chocolate mixture at low speed with an electric mixer until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture; beat at medium speed until
well blended. Stir in vanilla, walnuts, and dark chocolate.
5. Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
6. Bake at 325° for 38 to 40 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cover and chill at
least 2 hours.
7. Lift uncut brownies from pan, using “aluminum foil as handles. Cut into squares or circles.

Mouth Watering chocolate goodness is in reach! Register for American Family and get a free brownie ebook to download!

I downloaded it today and this is the awesome recipe I am making tonight!

You can download your free brownie recipes here. FYI I had a few offers pop up while waiting on the book to download. I clicked skip on all.

1. Shirley March 26, 2012 at 1:43 pm - Reply

I like home made brownies.

2. trishden March 26, 2012 at 10:36 pm - Reply

Oh these look so delicious and at 4 dozen it certainly would feed a crowd. Thanks!

3. tiffany dover March 26, 2012 at 11:31 pm - Reply

oh my, these sound amazing. I have to try them!

4. Gianna March 27, 2012 at 2:23 am - Reply

Those sound so good!

5. Shantelle Rogers March 27, 2012 at 7:41 am - Reply

Gonna have to try these!!! Sounds yummy!

6. Patricia Wiliams March 27, 2012 at 8:51 am - Reply

Thanks for the recipe. These are perfect for my family potluck

7. barbara Tryon March 27, 2012 at 11:26 am - Reply

thanks for this recipe, they look awesome

8. Jo-Ann Brightman March 27, 2012 at 3:57 pm - Reply

I love chocolate and these sound perfect

9. Amy Baker March 28, 2012 at 7:00 am - Reply

Chocolate AND Espresso?? Heaven! Bake sale next week….gonna make these!

10. Diane K. Brimmer March 28, 2012 at 8:27 am - Reply

Wow these look and sound so yummy! I like the idea that it makes 4 dozen too. I can gift some or put them in the freezer for later use. Thanks!

11. Chevelle Sopkin March 28, 2012 at 11:06 am - Reply

Brownies are about one of the only sweets that my husband will eat & he LOVES them. You also just made my butt gain 5 lbs just by drooling over that picture. I have to make these STAT! Thanks for the recipe. This is seriously one of the best looking brownie recipes I’ve seen online in quite some time!

12. Jennifer Hedden March 28, 2012 at 8:25 pm - Reply

I love brownies and these look so delicious! I have never used coffee in any recipe so this will be a first. I will definitely have to give these a try. Thank you for sharing!

13. Dianna Thomas March 29, 2012 at 3:07 am - Reply

Our family are big brownie eaters– and I can see that this one will be perfect– even more–I believe it will be a hit at church potluck–yummmmmooooo

14. Carolyn Ann Colley (Griffith, Smith) March 29, 2012 at 10:19 pm - Reply

this looks so good, thanks for sharing

15. Kara locke March 31, 2012 at 8:19 pm - Reply

Cant wait to make these thry look so yummy!!

16. Austin Baroudi July 15, 2012 at 7:43 pm - Reply

Huge brownie lovers in my family. These sound delicious! Thanks for the recipe!