Double Chocolate-Espresso Brownies
Savor the combination of coffee and chocolate in these luscious brownies.
Makes 4 dozen; Prep: 40 min., Cook: 50 min., Other: 2 hrs.
1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄8 teaspoon salt
14 (1-ounce) semisweet chocolate baking squares,
1 cup sugar
1⁄2 cup butter
1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
1⁄4 cup brewed espresso or French roast coffee
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
6 ounces premium Swiss dark chocolate or milk
chocolate, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Coat a 13- x 9-inch pan with cooking spray. Line pan with aluminum foil,
allowing ends to hang over short sides of pan. Tuck overlapping ends under rim on short sides. Coat
foil with cooking spray; set pan aside.
2. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Place chopped semisweet chocolate in a large
bowl; set bowls aside.
3. Cook sugar and next 3 ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar
and butter melt and mixture comes to a rolling boil. Remove from heat, and pour over chopped chocolate
in bowl; let stand 2 minutes (do not stir).
4. Beat chocolate mixture at low speed with an electric mixer until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture; beat at medium speed until
well blended. Stir in vanilla, walnuts, and dark chocolate.
5. Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
6. Bake at 325° for 38 to 40 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cover and chill at
least 2 hours.
7. Lift uncut brownies from pan, using “aluminum foil as handles. Cut into squares or circles.
I downloaded it today and this is the awesome recipe I am making tonight!