It is so hot outside and you all know that I LOVE COFFEE! So I wanted to come up with an affordable cold coffee drink. It is perfect timing since the the #RedCupShowdown is happening now! I will explain more about that shortly. But first I have to share with you this fabulous cold coffee drink that I created. I have purchased drinks simliar to this at the coffee shop but this is so much more affordable!
First I went to my favorite Walmart to get some ground coffee. I heard about Seattle’s Best coffee from the Red Cup Showdown and wanted to check it out. You can see my whole shopping trip here. I was really impressed with the packaging and the level system that they use.
I decided on the level 4 based on the description. It looked like the perfect flavor and boldness to me! Plus it was a fabulous blue that my little man loved. I picked up some other goodies to go with my afternoon pick me up drink.
Once we were home I wasted no time! This is so super simple! If I can do this with two kids running around yelling “mommy! mommy” and “look at this” then you can too! Check out how easy it is:
- Ground Coffee brewed to perfection
- Ice Cream any flavor (chocolate and vanilla are what I used)
- any toppings (drizzle, marshmallows,etc.
Brewed the Coffee
Let the Coffee Cool. Use the refrigerator or let it sit out to cool if you have time.
Fill the glass 1/3 to 1/2 full of coffee
Add your ice cream
Chocolate makes an amazing chocolate flavored drink.
Vanilla makes a great sweet but mellow treat.
Today my husband was home so I sat out by the pool and watched them swim while I enjoyed my drink.
I have a new afternoon time out drink!
ENTER YOUR RECIPE! Seattle’s Best has teamed up with Jeff Mauro to find the most imaginative coffee drink in America. You could win a trip to New York to complete for the grand prize of $10,000 and have your drink featured in their cafes!
It’s fast and easy to enter. Here’s how:
1. Visit The Red Cup Showdown on Facebook . Click on Enter.
2. Enter all the ingredients, a photo, instructions and inspirations. It is very easy! You do not have to be computer savvy. It is click and type. Be sure you have used Seattle’s Best Coffee. it available at Walmart.
3. Review your recipe and information.
4. Click Submit!