A Pineapple Boat for your fruit salad is such a fun way to add character to your table. It looks so elegant and people will think you spent hours on it! But you can create this in less than 10 minutes! This was perfect for our Spongebob Party!
All you need is:
- a pineapple
- other fruits for your salad
- a very sharp knife
- Lay the pineapple on its side.
- Cut the top side off. It is about a quarter of the pineapple.
- Set that section aside.
- Take the rest of the pineapple and your knife and cut along the inside of the perimeter.
- Be careful not to puncture the side and bottom of the pineapple. Next cut slices vertical and horizontal in the pineapple.
- Make straight cuts so these can be used in your salad.
- After you have done this it should be very easy to remove the inside. Once all the pineapple pieces are removed use your knife to “clean up” the inside of the boat. A little juice and pineapple on the sides is ok.
- Set it on a platter and begin to fill with fruit. I used strawberry and grapes along with the pineapple pieces. Decorate the plate with left over fruit.
- Serve alone or with a jello fruit dip.