WOOHOO! I did it! I stayed on the “get healthy” track for 2 weeks! I wanted to drop in and give you an update. But first here is a little recap. I decided I needed to make a change. I knew all the things that did NOT work so I decided it was time to make a real change in my lifestyle including healthy foods and being more active.
I went to one of my favorite stores in search of healthy meal options for me. They had to be something super easy and yummy! I picked up lots of fruit and salad items. I discovered a variety pack of Lean Cuisine meals. I may have been drooling while just looking at them. They came in 6 packs and it was such a fabulous deal that I had to get 2 variety packs. That has lasted me 2 weeks now. I have to tell you I have not grown tired of these asian meals. In fact I look forward to my lunch every day!
One of my favorite side dishes has been adding fruit to spinach or fresh greens! I know it sounds odd but it is the perfect combination of greens and sweets. This side fruit spinach salad is so easy to make! Here is a quick how-to.
- Fresh fruit (I love strawberries and pineapple)
- Spinach or other healthy greens
- Chop up all of your fresh fruit.
- Make a plate of the greens
- Add your fruit
- ENJOY! !
Now for the hardest part for me was the work outs. I have mentioned before that I am not athletic. I am the cheerleader on the sides but you never see me outside playing or getting sweaty. That is just me. I decided to give Couch to 5K a try since it was for people like me! Just as it says, it can get you from your couch to actually fit enough to run a 5k! I am here to say I am not ready for a marathon yet but I feel like I am on my way thanks to this app!
Why do I like Couch to 5k:
- There are no membership dues.
- There are no people staring at or judging me.
- I can do this with my little man.
- It is ONLY 30 minutes on 3 days a week. (Even as a busy mom, I can fit that in!)
- It gets me outside in the sun
- It has a fun trainer that keeps track of everything and helps me during my 30 minute workout.
- No stopwatch or thinking needed. Just focus on walking and running and the app tells you what to do and when to stop.
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and (Nestle) LEAN CUISINE #CBias #SocialFabric