I love when I find a creative alternative to carving a pumpkin! I always try to find something new and different to try. This year we did something learned how to make GLITTER Pumpkins! I LOVE GLITTER! I can not believe I have not done this before now. Last night we got out the glitter spray and started giving our pumpkins some bling!
- Plastic Pumpkins
- Old Sheets or Drop Cloth
- 1 Can of Rust-Oleum Specialty Glitter Spray
How to Make Glitter Pumpkins: Project Steps
- Find a spot outdoors and cover nearby items with drop cloths or old sheets to protect them from spray mist.
- Lightly sand the surface. Clean with soap and water, rinse and let dry.
- Hold the paint can 12-14” from the surface. Press the spray button and begin covering the surface in a steady back-and-forth motion, slightly overlapping each stroke.
- Apply 2 or more light coats a few minutes apart. For best results, apply multiple light coats versus one heavy coat.
- Let dry overnight.
- Proudly display your glimmering pumpkins in your front windows for trick-or-treaters to admire.
If you are looking for an alternative to traditional pumpkin carving this is a great way to still have a blast and get the kids involved! Make your holiday season sparkle with a splash of glitter. All you need is a little creativity and some glitter spray paint. Choose from red, gold or silver to make your traditional seasonal decorations pop.
For inspiration and creative ideas as they happen follow RustOleum! Like RustOleum on Facebook, Follow on Twitter , Follow RustOleum on Pinterst and visit the website.
Disclosure: A special thank you to RustOleum. The fabulous people at RustOleum sent these instructions and a sample for me to demonstrate the technique to my readers. No monetary compensation was received. This is 100% honest and was so much fun!