I love when I find a creative alternative to carving a pumpkin! I always try to find something new and different to try. This year we did something learned how to make GLITTER Pumpkins! I LOVE GLITTER! I can not believe I have not done this before now. Last night we got out the glitter spray and started giving our pumpkins some bling!
- Plastic Pumpkins
- Old Sheets or Drop Cloth
- 1 Can of Rust-Oleum Specialty Glitter Spray
How to Make Glitter Pumpkins: Project Steps
- Find a spot outdoors and cover nearby items with drop cloths or old sheets to protect them from spray mist.
- Lightly sand the surface. Clean with soap and water, rinse and let dry.
- Hold the paint can 12-14” from the surface. Press the spray button and begin covering the surface in a steady back-and-forth motion, slightly overlapping each stroke.
- Apply 2 or more light coats a few minutes apart. For best results, apply multiple light coats versus one heavy coat.
- Let dry overnight.
- Proudly display your glimmering pumpkins in your front windows for trick-or-treaters to admire.
If you are looking for an alternative to traditional pumpkin carving this is a great way to still have a blast and get the kids involved! Make your holiday season sparkle with a splash of glitter. All you need is a little creativity and some glitter spray paint. Choose from red, gold or silver to make your traditional seasonal decorations pop.