I try to incorporate at least one sensory building activity each week. This week we used items from the kitchen to have so messy outdoor fun! This is an easy experiment for kids at home! This is a fizzy experiment that is a joy to watch, smell and feel.
- White Vinegar
- Baking Soda (not powder)
- cups and dish
- food Coloring if desired
- dropper or spoon (medicine dropper works best)
- Pour the baking soda in a shallow dish or plate.
- Pour the vinegar into several small cups or containers.
- Add food coloring if desired to the vinegar.
- Take the dropper or spoon and let your child fill it up with the colored vinegar.
- Drop the vinegar in the baking soda.
- Watch the fizzy magic!
- Play with the textures!
Once you have completely covered the baking soda you will start to see a liquid substance form. Let the child run this through his or her fingers. It is a fun sensation and they will love it!