I’m a sponsored blog partner with Pennington and participated in their Smart Seed Program that I am so excited to share with you! (See disclosure at the bottom) I have a terrible black thumb! Seriously I struggle with keeping our yard looking nice. After the drought over the past year my poor yard is so sad. I decided last week that this is the perfect time to get out side and give it some TLC. The weather is in the 70-80 degree range and the sun is shining. I know that it won’t be long till we cross over into the 100 degree days so I need to enjoy this while I can.
Don’t you love the brands that are there to help people like us that are not pros? I am specifically referring to people like me that need a lot of help! I will spend a little more on a product if it will make my life easier. But I really love it when I find an affordable brand that makes things easier for me! That is why I am excited to share Pennington Smart Seed with you.
After researching lawn care products I was drawn to Pennington. Here are the top 3 facts that helped me determine why I wanted to try Pennington Smart Seed:
- Pennington Smart Seed remains green for up to three weeks without water and requires up to 30 percent less water year after year versus ordinary seed.
- By utilizing a high-quality seed that requires less water and contains no filler, lawns are more resilient and easier to maintain.
- Each seed in Pennington Smart Seed is enhanced with Pennington’s exclusive MYCO Advantage seed technology—introducing beneficial micro-organisms that attach themselves to the emerging seed roots for denser, deeper roots.
Watering is something that takes a lot of time and energy. Does your lawn suffer because you are trying to save time and water (money)? Mine does! That is another reason I was drawn to Pennington Smart Seed. Check this out!
Fast Facts: Drought, Water Use & Your Yard
- In 2012, the U.S. experienced the hottest year on record and two-thirds of the country faced drought—the most ever experienced.
- Thirty-six states anticipate continued local, regional or statewide water shortages, even under non-drought conditions.
- Did you know: Americans spend on average 73 hours a year maintaining their lawns—watering being a main focus of time and energy.
- Depending on their region, homeowners use between 30%-70% of their water outdoors.
Lawns require approximately 1 inch of water per week to stay green in the summer, which equates to about 2,500 gallons of water per week to keep an average-sized lawn green. (WOW!)
You can see why I was excited to give Pennington Smart Seed a try on my yard. We went to Lowes and found a great selection of the product. It was so affordable that I even got some extras like a bird feeder, bird seed and outdoor umbrella for the patio table. Since I have completely bare areas as well as areas that need some help coming back to life I purchased the fertilizer and smart seed bags. Then went home and got to work. (Seriously thought this was not much work!)
Ready for Lawn & Garden Care Tips? Here is my (EASY) “How To Bring Life Back To Your Yard” How-To Guide:
- Mow your yard (Or ask your husband to)
- Rack area to prepare the ground
- Spread Pennington Fertilizer in the areas you are reseeding or over seeding. (I recommend a seed spreader. The bag includes the correct speed to use in the spreader.)
- Spread the Pennington Smart Seed
- Rake the area
- Water the area
- Keep it moist until you see your seedlings appear
- Enjoy and water as needed
Follow Pennington Seed for more great lawn & garden care tips.
$50 American Express Giveaway
We are excited to offer you a giveaway as part of this awesome partnership with Pennington Smart Seed. Enter using the rafflecopter below. Giveaway ends 4/30/12 12pm CST. Winners will be chosen at random via rafflecopter and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to respond and claim prize.
Central Garden & Pet partnered with bloggers such as me to help educate us all about their Pennington products. As part of this program, I received compensation. They did not tell me what to purchase or what to say about the use of the products. Central Garden & Pet believes that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. Central Garden & Pet’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, FTC guidelines and social media engagement recommendations. A winner will be chosen by random and gift card fulfillment will be handled by a third party.