Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned in this post for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
December is here and that means the Countdown to Christmas has begun! With a 4 and 7 year old in the house we are reminded each day how many days we have until Christmas. Here is a fun way that I found to count down the days and add some fun trivia. Create your own DIY Countdown to Christmas Calendar with hidden trivia!
- Printer (I used my new HP ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One Printer)
- Xacto Knife
- Paper / Card Stock
- Countdown Calendar (link goes to a printable)
- Countdown Trivia (link goes to a printable)
Print out the DIY Countdown to Christmas Calendar or make your own. Print on card stock using a quality printer like the HP ENVY. Be creative and use color!
Use the ruler and Xacto Knife to make small cuts on 3 sides of each number leaving enough on the fourth side so that it will open and close.
Print out the trivia or make your own. I did it in black and white.
Cut it down to size so that the trivia is lined up with the numbers on the calendar.
Use tape or glue to attach the trivia to another piece of card stock. Line up the card stock so that it is even with the calendar.
Glue or tape the calendar to the second card stock with the trivia attached.
Be creative! Add a ribbon to the top to hang it on the wall. Add it to the tree. Add some other fun decorations you would like to make it personal.
Hang it up and enjoy trivia with your kids each day!
More about the printer:
I am loving my new HP ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One Printer!
- The HP ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One is a home-use printer built for creative hobbies such as scrapbooking and arts and crafts projects. The unit is also great for families with its ability to print lab-quality photos.
- Scan photos and documents directly to a mobile device for sharing or storing.
- View photos and print quickly from the 2.65-inch color touchscreen and memory card slots.
- Print from anywhere using the Printer’s email address!
- Both sides of savings—save time and paper with automatic two-sided printing.
- Worth more than words. Create photos that launch into fun, shareable videos with HP Live Photo.
- Full of value—print more for less with optional high-capacity cartridges  or enroll in HP Instant Ink—an ink replacement service that can save you up to 50%. Learn more
- Print wirelessly—from virtually anywhere you roam—from your smartphone, tablet, and Internet-connected PC
I will be using this printer for all of the DIY Christmas Crafts that I do this year! Stay tuned!
If you have a friend or family member that does crafting, scrapbooking, blogging, or anything that requires printing from home consider the HP ENVY 5530 as a gift.