To say I have a black thumb is putting it mildly. I have tried to garden so many times. I am actually optimistic about using these pods. Gro-ables is a brand new product from Miracle-Gro. They are pre-packaged seed pods that make it incredibly easy to grow your own herbs and veggies from seed.
It’s made for people who are new to gardening or for the young gardeners. That means this is great for the kids. What a great project for the whole family.The seed pods are designed to simplify the growing process so it’s not overwhelming or confusing.
Like I said, I want an edible gardening to help with my diet. How awesome it would be to use homegrown ingredients to make homemade meals. I am starting with a Basil, Butterhead Lettuce and Dill Seed Pods. The Gro-ables website has recipe inspiration to help create homemade meals from your garden. Here is one to try:
- 2 cups Butterhead Lettuce leaves, loosely packed
- 1 cup Loose-Leaf Lettuce leaves, loosely packed
- ½ cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Cucumber, diced into ½ inch pieces
- ¼ cup Snap Peas
- ¼ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup dried cherries or cranberries
- In a large bowl, gently toss all the garden ingredients until well mixed.
- Transfer to individual serving bowls and top evenly with your choice of extras and dressing
Have you tried Gro-ables? What do you think? If not, give them a try with me.
I’ll share my results with you in a few weeks.